Military Junta air-strikes and bombing at Sagaing Region, Chin, and Kachin State from February 22nd to 28th. On the 22nd of February, three prefectures of Sagaing State, Shwebo, Ayadaw, and Wetlet were (additionally) announced under Martial Law. Military troops raped a CDM nurse before she was killed in Okpho township, West Bago Region. They also arrested and killed another CDM nurse from Katha township, Sagaing Region. The Female Political prisoners from O-bo prison, Mandalay, were relocated without noticing their families.
You might also like
ND-Burma formed in 2004 in order to provide a way for Burma human rights organizations to collaborate on the human rights documentation process. The 13 ND-Burma member organizations seek to collectively use the truth of what communities in Burma have endured to advocate for justice for victims. ND-Burma trains local organizations in human rights documentation; coordinates members’ input into a common database using Martus, a secure open-source software; and engages in joint-advocacy campaigns.
- An elderly woman hit and injured from one sided firing of heavy weaponry shells by Military Council at PanHnin village, Namhsan Township
- Three Children Injured in Explosion While Playing with Unexploded Ordnance, Undergoing Treatment in China
- The statement on Terror Military Council’s Attacks Targeting Civilians including Women
- Human Rights Situation weekly update (November 15 to 21, 2023)
- Media release by Kachin Women’s Association Thailand, ND-Burma and Spring Archive