Within January 15 – 21, the Military junta did 6 times airstrikes in Sagaing, Magway Region, Kayin state. They used 500 lb burning bombs that destroyed houses and civilians. They relocated 700 prisoners and 3 political prisoners from Insion Prison to others.
ND-Burma formed in 2004 in order to provide a way for Burma human rights organizations to collaborate on the human rights documentation process. The 13 ND-Burma member organizations seek to collectively use the truth of what communities in Burma have endured to advocate for justice for victims. ND-Burma trains local organizations in human rights documentation; coordinates members’ input into a common database using Martus, a secure open-source software; and engages in joint-advocacy campaigns.
- NUG Calls for Global Action to Halt Myanmar Junta’s Escalating War Crimes
- Myanmar junta kills 12 after firing into crowded market
- Myanmar Junta Captives Confess to Rakhine Executions
- Human Rights Situation weekly update (February 15 to 21, 2024)
- Cover Jobs Offer Some Protection for Myanmar’s Lone Reporters